Senior Clinical Trial Project Manager
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Senior Clinical Trial Project Manager
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project B
Job Description Summary
The Senior Clinical Trial Project Manager will independently manage multiple Phase I-Phase II Penn-Sponsored clinical research studies in order to ensure execution of clinical research and oversee clinical studies from concept to final close, including study start-up activities, study monitoring activities, data collection, project maintenance and project close-out activities.
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Develops clear and measurable project management plans; Defines timelines, milestones, and limitations to project staff and study sites.
- Monitor project status and timelines
- Manage clinical projects/programs, including deliverables from all functional areas and vendors in accordance with contractual timelines and sponsor specifications.
- Establishes project metrics and project schedules with client representatives. Provides at least monthly project updates.
- Facilitate case report form development, review, approval, and finalization with the Data Management Team
- Development of Manual of Procedures and site study binder including all required Sponsor Forms/Templates
- Support clinical development of protocol/consent form documents
- Facilitate local regulatory review committee approvals as required for multisite trials
- Coordination of site initiation visit/site training
- Review/process protocol exceptions/deviations
- Prepare and process DSMB Reports; Organize and coordinate DSMB Meetings
- Reporting of study progress and subject statuses; provide IND summary information for the IND annual report
- Review/report the status of case report form completion and data query resolution
- Develop and provide study and/or protocol amendment training to sites
- Manage/maintain the Sponsor Trial Master Files for each project/site
- Participate in SOP development.
The candidate must be a proactive problem-solver with the ability to critically evaluate and manage timelines and key deliverables. This includes coordination with the clinical team, authoring manual of procedures for the conduct of the trial, attending and participating in trial-kick-off meetings (requiring limited travel to participating sites), and providing technical leadership and scheduling for the team to ensure deliverables. This candidate must also have a thorough knowledge of Federal Regulations and ICH-GCP guidelines, and a comprehensive understanding of clinical trial processes, and the conduct of clinical studies.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of related experience; or combination of equivalent education/experience.
Knowledge of FDA regulations and GCP-ICH guidelines; and comprehensive understanding of clinical trials processes and the conduct of clinical research studies.
Previous Project Management experience preferred. The candidate must possess and have demonstrated the following skills:
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete work within allocated time frames
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$59,703.00 - $113,435.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.