Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
Stanford University is seeking an Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator to perform administrative support duties related to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of clinical studies. Work under supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.
- • Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- • Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- • Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- • Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- • Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- • Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- • Perform basic measurements and tests on patients according to protocol, such as obtaining vital signs and performing phlebotomy and EKG, after appropriate training/certification. Collect study specimens according to protocol.
- • Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- • Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- • Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Job Code: 4921
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 86879