Brand and Communications Manager
The Stanford Psychiatry Center for Youth Mental Health & Wellbeing is seeking a Brand and Communications Manager to manage the overall communication strategy for the allcove integrated youth mental health program. The essence of allcove is expressed through its brand, co-designed through a year-long, iterative engagement with youth from around the United States. Maintaining brand integrity is fundamental to reaching youth with the messaging and touchpoints that resonate with and matter to them. The brand has the flexibility to be adapted to individual communities to reflect local context and culture. Brand expression guidelines will offer allcove centers direction on implementing the brand with integrity. The centers will also benefit from a centrally developed website architecture, outreach campaigns, social media strategy and a range of communication materials that can be adopted for their local use.
The Manager will drive allcove’s marketing and content strategy to achieve positive brand recognition among youth people ages 12-25 and brand fidelity and consistency across allcove centers. The Communications Manager will be an integral member of the allcove central office team in charge of both traditional and digital marketing communications processes. The Communications Manager will plan, coordinate and implement communication strategies and products for allcove central office as well as the 7+ allcove centers licensing the allcove brand. The Communication Manager will also be responsible for developing innovative and exciting methods for increasing the visibility of allcove to relevant and diverse audiences. We are looking for an organized, strategic storyteller who can balance regular communications with new efforts to engage a wide audience.
- Create and regularly update the allcove brand guidelines and guidance documents and art files.
- Drive and evolve allcove’s brand marketing and content strategy across channels, including social media, events, blogs, partnerships/sponsorships and ads.
- Create and lead outreach campaigns to targeted audiences
- Creating content for websites and social media channels
- Producing online and print publications
- Coordinating the production and posting of video/photos from events
- Identifying and writing stories, Q&As, blogs and wrap-up pieces
- Measure campaign effectiveness
- Ongoing scan/reporting of relevant brand perceptions and related brand trends
- Represent the brand(s) by attending conferences and other events
- Vendor & contract management
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Proven expertise in executing campaigns that build awareness of a brand and its services, preferably for a non-profit or mission-driven organization.
- Experience with digital, web, print, social media marketing
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple program areas and internal stakeholders.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in marketing, communications, graphic design and/or social media content development strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.\
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4892
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 86906