1 day left
- Full Time
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
The Research Specialist A will perform routine research to support the senior-level research staff in the Complex Systems Laboratory group in the School of Engineering and Applied Science.
- Assist with scientific research, including analyzing results using prescribed methods, writing lab reports, and data analysis.
- Follow IRB protocols, modifications, and developments and assist with documentation and recruiting, scheduling, and scanning human subjects in the MRI scanner. Assist participants during scans.
- Conduct scientific literature searches and order lab supplies.
- Assist senior-level research staff in creating a document that summarizes experimental protocols and the risks or benefits to the human participants.
- Assist with performance of research and deploy behavioral experiments through Qualtrics, Amazon's Mechanical Turk, and in Penn laboratories. Write questions and format the tools for surveys and/or psychophysics experiments; post them online.
Bachelor's degree and experience in bioengineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with MATLAB, python, R, or other coding languages for data analysis and writing lab reports.
Position is contingent on continued grant funding.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Engineering and Applied Science
$35,568.00 - $57,600.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.