Business Manager (EMBA Chinese) in the College of Business
Business Manager (EMBA Chinese) in the College of Business [Ref. B/363/09]
City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic, fast-growing university that is pursuing excellence in research and professional education. As a publicly funded institution, the University is committed to nurturing and developing students’ talents and creating applicable knowledge to support social and economic advancement.
Applications are invited for :
Reporting to the Programme Director of EMBA (Chinese), the appointee will have the following major responsibilities:
- Oversee the overall planning and implementation of major programme-related work processes and support activities (e.g. student recruitment and admission, programme marketing and promotion, class scheduling/timetable, budget and financial planning and reporting, programme reporting, new cohort orientation, overseas study modules/trips, students and alumni relations, liaison with key University units and external organizations);
- Lead and coordinate the critical tasks of teaching support for classes held throughout the year, normally four cohorts, four days consecutively per month and 10 months in a year. A variety of tasks may be involved (e.g. hotel room booking for students, banquets, textbook buying and shipping, printing of teaching materials, guest speaker accommodation);
- Supervise a team of about 10 administrative staff and Research Assistants, making sure that various tasks are handled in a timely and fair manner, motivating staff to perform at their fullest potential, and providing feedback and performance reviews;
- Cultivate a good relationship with students and alumni, and be responsible for receiving and handling students inquiries or complaints;
- Offer assistance to students recruitment and programme marketing (e.g. by participating in programme open lectures, stakeholder banquets, networking events); and
- Perform any other duties or special projects as assigned.
The appointee may be required to work irregular hours and travel to Mainland China and other countries.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent with not less than 10 years’ solid administrative and/or supervisory experience; plus good knowledge of principles, practices and relationship between broad areas of the field;
- Demonstrated successful and substantial management experience in tertiary education with prior experience in leading a team;
- Excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills with good command of English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Being self-motivated, resourceful and dynamic to respond proactively to a rapidly changing environment with positive and flexible attitude; and
- Abilities to prioritise conflicting workload with a variety of stakeholders, perform multi-tasking effectively and efficiently under pressure, and solve problems with tact and diplomacy are required.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
(Those who have responded to the previous advertisement need not re-apply.)
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract; fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes.
Information and Application
Further information on the post and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Email : firstname.lastname@example.org/Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking 48th, and 4th among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2021); 1st in the World’s Most International Universities (THE survey 2020); 1st in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and 2nd Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2017).