Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics
Application closing date: 12/08/2020
Salary: Lecturer: £36,914 - £51,034 per annum. Senior Lecturer: £52,560 - £60,905 per annum.
Job category/type: Academic
Queen’s Management School seeks to appoint either a Lecturer or a Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics. The successful candidate will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy and will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level in areas embedded in and related to Business Analytics and Data Science.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD completed in Management or related field, or within 6 months of completion.
- Ability to publish research publications of international standard in area of specialism, preferably in business analytics.
- Demonstrate an ability to secure external research income.
- Ability to teach and assess courses/modules in broad based and specific marketing areas and related fields at university level.
- PhD completed in Management (or related field).
- Extensive record of research publications in internationally-ranked refereed journals, preferably in Business Analytics.
- Potential to generate external research income.
- Teaching and assessment experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in areas directly related to business analytics and/or data science.
- Evidence of a detailed knowledge of Business Analytics and Data Science.
- Experience of data management, statistical analysis, data visualisation or machine learning.
- Proficiency in related technologies (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Python or similar).
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 26 August – Friday 28 August 2020
For full job details and criteria please see the Candidate Information link on our website by clicking ‘apply’. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information please contact Resourcing Team, Queen's University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Queens Management School seeks to educate and equip leaders to transform businesses and societies. We offer world-class undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education in management, accounting, economics and finance. A globally renowned centre for high-impact academic and policy research; 70% of business and management studies was deemed world-leading and internationally excellent by the Research Excellent Framework (REF) 2014. The school is home to the William J Clinton Leadership Institute which brings together leading academics and industry experts to deliver a portfolio of executive education and leadership programmes. Our purpose built School is situated in a conservation area adjacent to the nearby main campus and facilities include flexible space for teaching and conferences, two computer suites, 120 seat tiered lecture theatre and a trading room.
Queen’s University Belfast is a driver of innovation and talent based on excellence. Throughout the University, our academics are collaborating across disciplines and with outside agencies and institutions on projects of world significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK’s most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression. Queen’s Management School holds a bronze award. We are ranked 1st in the UK for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, (Innovate UK) 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and affordable cities in the UK. The choice of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards are some of the best available, and lovers of the outdoors can enjoy any number of activities from rowing and kayaking to top class golf among many others. We are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. We welcome applications from all sections of society and particularly from people with a disability.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr. Byron Graham at email: Byron.email@example.com.