Help Desk Support Officer
The Information Technology Department is seeking for a Help Desk Officer to provide first level technical support to students and faculty by answering, commenting and replying to help desk inquiries.
- Provides IT technical support services to students and faculty at the Help Desk premises.
- Support the following technologies: Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and Windows 10, iPAD and smart devices, laptops, printers, networked copiers, basic LAN/WAN connectivity and others as assigned.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with Service Desk escalation processes.
- Providing informal, one-to-one training sessions with university -specific software.
- Delivering training sessions during faculty and student orientation.
- Goes, as needed, to faculty, staff and VIP offices and workstations on campus to provide technical support.
- Prepare to work outside normal working hours.
- Responsible for service requests, software installations, new device setups, upgrades, and record request and incident resolutions in the Manage Engine Service Desk tool.
- Answers and logs calls using Manage Engine Service Desk, assigning related tasks to Level 2 and Level 3 support personnel.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Field from an accredited Institution with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in end user environment support, Computer literate and familiar with Windows 10, Smart devices and MAC operating Systems or an equivalent combination of education and Experience.
- Arabic enabled Windows.
- Arabic/English bilingual essential.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.