Research Fellow, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Conduct the research on the development of the decision-making function which performs optimal dispatch of distributed energy resources (DERs) which include storage batteries, renewable solar PV systems and standby diesel generators (reserve only) for participation in the reserve market, frequency regulation market and peer-to-peer energy trading among the buildings with demand side management capabilities
- Develop methodologies for forecasting load and solar PV output for scheduling of DERs as well as for a P2P energy trading platform
- Design smart contracts for P2P energy trading
- Propose a cost-effective and scalable network architecture to support Ethereum
- Introduce a novel incentive mechanism to promote P2P energy trading
- PhD degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering
- Expert knowledge in power electronics converters and power systems especially in the design of distributed energy resources, forecasting and frequency regulation controller for electricity market participation
- Hardware experience will aid in the execution of the project
- Experience with energy storage systems, renewable energy resources, electric vehicles and/or OPAL-RT is highly recommended
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Able to work independently and in a team to realize the proposed works
- Able to publish conference/journal papers
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.