Research Scientist, Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Material Science/Physics/Chemistry
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Research Scientist position is currently available in Temasek Laboratories @ NTU.
- Develop photonic chip fabrication processes and its integration with mechanical devices
- Formulate and execute DOEs for process development/process optimization
- Sourcing of required equipment/tool for the fabrication of photonic chips and its testing
- Design of required layout, process steps and recipes for the fabrication of photonic chips
- Preparing the run-sheets for the full fabrication of stated devices up to the level of packaging
- Working with the Fab manager/module leaders for the smooth flow of photonic chip fabrication
- Contribute to research reports for project deliverables, new project proposal drafting and etc
- Preparing process documentations with the standard of ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 9001:2018
- PhD with at least 1 year of relevant postdoctoral experience in either Electrical & Electronics Engineering/ Material Science/Physics/Chemistry or Other related field
- Post-doctoral experience in MEMS/MOEMS devices fabrication or lithium-niobate development (e.g. proton-exchange) is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge with hands-on experience in photonic materials and device fabrication
- Skills to initiate and design mask layout as necessary for new device geometries
- Launching of Engineering lots and perform characterization of processed wafers using optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), EDX, TEM and other analytical measurements.
- Skills to analyze and correlate processed data with device performance.
- Transfer new processes to the manufacturing team - train engineers/operators/technicians in new processes
- Participate in Engineering team meetings, Program Status meetings and Design Review meetings as necessary
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU