Counseling Outreach Officer, Student Affairs Deanship
The Department of Student Affairs Deanship seeks an incumbent for the position of Counseling Outreach Officer who reports to the Director of the Student Counseling Center (SCC) and works closely with the administrative staff and Counselors of SCC at the respective campus.
The incumbent liaises with key offices and contacts within the university community including, but not limited to, units within Student Affairs, Deans/Directors, as well as Faculty and Staff to plan and coordinate outreach activities and programs related to student physical emotional and mental well-being. The outreach initiatives are also extended to the broader community outside of the University including community organizations, governmental as well as non-governmental healthcare and welfare agencies, media, etc. to develop and implement an integrated community networking towards fostering partnerships as well as further promoting the services of the center. The Counseling Outreach Officer will be in-charge of all Health Accommodation for students who need accommodations/accessibility arrangements. The Counseling Outreach Officer is the key link connecting the Center with the university community and plays an important role in contributing to the continual growth and success of the Center.
- Works in close coordination with the staff and Counselors at the Center to identify gaps in university community’s awareness regarding the services offered by the Center.
- Establishes and maintains strong and positive relationships with targeted members and offices within the university community to facilitate their support and partnership with the Student Counseling Center.
- Co-ordinates the representation of the Student Counseling Center at University events such as New Student Orientation week, Faculty orientation, Cultural programs/National day celebrations, Conferences etc., as well as organizing mental health awareness programs and events, such as World Mental Health day, Depression day, etc.
- Plans and executes major university events, such as World Health Day, World Mental Health Day, etc. which involves working with multiple internal and external partners.
- Liaises with the faculty and targeted student community (e.g., student clubs and associations, peer support programs, etc.) to increase students’ awareness and use of services offered by the Center.
- Designs, organizes, plans and implements outreach activities and programs to promote the Center among students.
- Consults with the staff at the Center to identify and prioritize outreach programs to overcome lack of awareness and stigma associated with mental health issues and availing counseling services.
- Conducts meetings and presentations with targeted student populations to help facilitate students’ understanding and awareness of preventative, and proactive mental health support services offered by the Center.
- Develops and conducts psycho-educational programs as well as develops flyers, brochures, newsletter, for our use, as well as for our website and social media.
- Plans and supports in implementing regular outreach programs and activities such as Depression awareness week, Mental-health day, etc. to support the wellness mission of the Center.
- Develops, updates and maintains a database on the Center’s outreach efforts using information such as outreach program requests, student inquiries, offices/individuals contacted, feedback and reports on outreach events, programs, projects etc.
- Maintains a budget and financial report on expenditure related to outreach efforts
- Identifies resourceful graduate and undergraduate students and organize their participation in outreach programs and activities.
- Participates and contributes to the research efforts initiated at the Center (e.g., Needs assessment, satisfaction surveys, happiness surveys, program evaluation, etc.) as and when required.
- Regularly reviews outreach activities and update information disseminated through presentations, brochures, social media, pamphlets etc.
- Manages and supervises Student workers.
- Responsible for all Health Accommodation cases (Health & Wellness services are under SCC), on campus, and will be responsible for students who need accommodations/accessibility arrangements made due to their Health condition.
- Works with Health Clinic doctors, on campus, to decide regarding the Health condition and what would be appropriate accommodations.
- Managing students’ physical health issues and the accommodations that will be appropriate.
- Liaising with Professors and Colleges, on campus, to explain to them the required Health accommodation arrangements that are needed and ensuring that the same are provided.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Psychology/Counseling Psychology and Human Services/Social Work or related fields from an accredited institution and have 2 years’ experience working in related helping professions, preferably in an educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other essential requirements:
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a solid understanding of the culture of the UAE Society.
- Must be bilingual in Arabic and English.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.