RIE Trainee, Project Officer, Schaeffler Joint Lab
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About Schaeffler Joint Lab
Schaeffler Group, a leading global automotive and industrial components supplier headquartered in Germany, has set up a new joint research lab with NTU Singapore to develop smart mobility devices. With a combined funding of S$5 million over three years, this lab is part of the Schaeffler Hub for Advanced REsearch at NTU (SHARE at NTU). The Schaeffler’s first SHARE lab outside Europe, is housed at NTU’s School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, ranked 6th in the world in the recent Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by Subject 2020.
The Project Officer will work on a project to conduct the research on development of magnetic-geared machines for automated ground vehicles. The roles of this position include:
- Development of new topologies for electric machines with magnetic-geared structures
- Development of new power converters for electric machines
- Development of new control algorithms for electric machines
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related field
- Expertise in motor design, control and fabrication
- Knowledge in analytical and numerical modelling
- Publication track record is an advantage
- Proficiency in English