Research Professor/Research Associate Professor/Research Assist Professor - Nursing & Health Studies
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic, innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University began offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with over 10,000 full-time and 9,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time and 3,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies offers a number of programmes in Nursing and Health Studies at Diploma, Higher Diploma, Bachelor and Master levels.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following post in the School of Nursing and Health Studies:
Research Professor / Research Associate Professor / Research Assistant Professor (Ref: 200031X)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of School of Nursing and Health Studies, the appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- managing, coordinating and implementing research activities in relevant research projects;
- securing funding for research projects and writing research papers, grants proposal and reports;
- conducting workshops and seminars on research;
- undertaking teaching duties & developing new programmes and courses; and
- supporting the School to develop and offer undergraduate courses (including face-to-face and distance learning modes), where appropriate.
Applicants for the post of Research Professor are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- an earned doctorate in Nursing or a healthcare relevant discipline;
- a considerable record of successful research grant proposals and peer-reviewed publications;
- experienced in conducting qualitative research;
- active involvement in professional and community activities; and
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
Candidates with less research experience may be considered for the post of Research Associate Professor/Research Assistant Professor.
Applicants should mark on the CV the position(s) for which they wish to be considered.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System. https://ouhk.taleo.net/careersection/ex_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=200031X
Deadline: 23 July 2020