Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering Khalifa University
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop microchannels with tunable surface chemistry using nanoporous materials for separation and mixing applications. The work will involve experimental design, material synthesis, characterization, testing and optimization.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
- In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD) working in the research group and the project.
- He/she will also provide training to new comers in material synthesis, characterization and testing.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or Chemistry.
- Proven expertise in the area of nanoporous material synthesis, characterization and testing.
- Records of knowledge in the field of surface chemistry tuning.
- Wide expertise in nanoporous materials synthesis and testing.
- Candidate should be familiar with the basic material characterization techniques and data analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- Proven ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications
- Proven record of working with team members and students supervision
- Experience on applied research oriented projects
How To Apply
Please attach CV and Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).