Research Fellow/Research Associate, MERSU
NTU Novena Campus, Singapore
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position OR Research Associate for Team-Based Learning (TBL) research in medical education
The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) uses Team-Based Learning (TBL) as its core pedagogical approach. In short, TBL is student-centred and facilitated by educators, clinicians and scientists. Students work in small teams and start by individually preparing for their session (preparation phase). Once in class, students take both individual and team quizzes to test their understanding of the topic (readiness assurance phase). Lastly, students get the opportunity to apply and test their newly gained understanding by answering a series of Application Exercise (AE) questions (application phase). Teams discuss each AE and discuss their findings with the class.
We are looking for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Or Research Associate who has experience with research in active-learning environments, such as TBL or Problem-Based Learning, and who can make a significant contribution to our research programme (note: a background in medical education is not necessarily required).
The primary role of the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is conducting research on TBL in collaboration with the members of the medical education research team. The main objective of the role is to contribute to the TBL research programme by publishing research findings in high-impact journals.
The primary role of the Research Associate will be working closely with members of the TBL research team to ensure that all administrative matters are taken care of. In addition, the appointee will assist preparing research materials, protocols, and will be involved in data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
- He or she must have a strong background in research methodology and statistical data analysis;
- The candidate must have a publication as first author in a top-tier educational research journal.
- The candidate must have a PhD in psychology or education
- Background in education or psychology
- Strong background in research methodology and statistical data analysis
- Master’s degree in psychology or education
- Experience in educational research
- Experience in project management
- Experience in online data collection techniques (e.g., Qualtrics)
- Experience in psychometric analysis of assessment data
Hiring Institution: LKC