Research Engineer, Computer Science/Aerospace Engineering/Applied Mathematics
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Engineer.
As a member of the Saab-NTU Joint Research Centre at Nanyang Technological University, the Research Engineer will be part of a research team studying the use of Artificial Intelligence and Data-Driven Machine Learning techniques for the development of Next-Generation Air Traffic Management (ATM) assistance tools for Remote Airport Tower Control.
- Conduct research and development related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applied to Air Traffic Management (ATM)
- Develop algorithms and models, perform data processing and mining
- Perform analytics for future ATM systems
- Provide support on the implementation and verification of an AI-based Remote Tower Control assistance system
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mathematics
- Deep understanding and experience in the theory and application of Data Processing, AI and Machine Learning techniques
- Programming Experience and knowledge of Python, Matlab, R and/or C++
- Demonstrated project experience related to Airport or Air Traffic Management will be an advantage
- Understanding and experience of sound Software Engineering practices, including data management, software version control and database design will be an advantage
- Understanding of statistical methods and/or probability theory is a plus
- Good written and communication skills
- Independent and a team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.