Research Fellow, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Additive Microstructure Engineering Laboratory in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU (Singapore) is a young, diverse, and interdisciplinary research group with interest in metal microstructure control using additive manufacturing processes (AddME Lab). We use a custom-made, selective laser melting (SLM) printer equipped with a special laser source and in-line monitoring apparatuses.
We seek a highly motivated individual Research Fellow to work on understanding and controlling the solidification processes during SLM using our printer.
- Investigate the solidification of SLM-produced metals and metal alloys using the AddME Lab printer
- Devise new strategies to control the microstructure of these materials
- Assess the mechanical properties of the newly produced materials
- A Doctoral Degree in Materials Science and Engineering or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of solidification of metals
- Characterization of 3D printed metal alloys (X-ray, electron microscopy, optical microscopy)
- Prior knowledge of mechanics and mechanical testing of structural materials
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- High quality publication record in relevant journals
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.