Director, Entrepreneurship and Research Translation
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE is seeking for a candidate to work on spinoff companies in addition to assisting SCELSE’s broader translational and innovation roadmap as key for SCELSE’s increasingly integrated industry-oriented R&D programs. Candidate is expected to deliver on the challenging task of taking life sciences research findings to the market, through focused R&D, enabling investment, and establishment of dedicated startups. The candidate will play an important role in organising and advising local and international activities (including expanding the industry membership) of the Singapore National Biofilm Consortium led by SCELSE.
- A Master degree with at least 15 years of relevant work experience
- Strong in strategic thinking and possess an analytical mind.
- Established connections and networks in the healthcare/Life Sciences and related industries is a requirement.
- Demonstrate depth of understanding of the industry, coupled with an ability to establish wide networks and strong relationships with management of different companies.
- Understanding of regulatory processes across jurisdictions
- Track record of investment and spinning out companies within an academic environment