Research Assistant, Molecular and Cell Biology
A Research Assistant is available in the School of Biological Sciences.
- Design and perform experiments related to a biochemical dissection of the carbon concentrating mechanism of either green algae or marine diatoms
- Involve in diverse methodology such as live cell imaging, algal genetics, biochemical purification and cellular subcompartments and biochemical reconstitution using pure components
- Mentorship of graduate and undergraduate students involved in the project
- Data analysis, interpretation and drafting of scientific manuscripts
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in biochemistry
- Several years of experience as a PhD candidate in biochemistry will be a plus
- Experience in purification and characterization of recombinant proteins
- Experience in work with metabolic enyzmes, preferably those involved in CO2 fixation
- Proven work experience in Molecular and Cell Biology in general
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.