Epidemiologist Genomic Epidemiology
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $85,134 - $92,154 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About the role:
An exciting 2-year fixed term opportunity for an epidemiologist to join the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit public health laboratory, to support COVID-19 response activities within the Microbiological Diagnostic Unit Public Health Laboratory (MDU PHL), the Peter Doherty Institute, relevant to the translation of SARS-CoV-2 genomics to public health action and response.
MDU PHL sits is one of Victoria’s public health laboratories responsible for providing the highest quality microbiological services, including pathogen genomics to identify, investigate and control protect and improve the public’s current and emerging public health threats posed by infectious diseases, antimicrobial resistance and biological agents of security concern.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A tertiary qualification or higher in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or similar together with relevant epidemiological and public health experience.
- Training and experience in epidemiological study design and data management, analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake, communicate and report data analyses.
Skills and Experience required to fulfill the position:
- Experience using relevant data analysis statistical methods and familiarity with statistical software packages
- Experience in data management and cleaning.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently within a multidisciplinary team,
- Ability to apply initiative and problem solve in a rapidly emerging and evolving field
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with collaborators in a range of environments, including government, public health laboratories, research organisations and other professional colleagues
- Commitment to observe the requirements of working with confidential and sensitive data and within a regulated environment subject to third-party audits.
Commitment to observe MDU’PHL’s: confidentiality, safety and security requirements, procedures, and ethos.
Applications close: 29 Jul 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time