Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The O’Doherty lab at the California Institute of Technology is seeking candidates for two graduate-level research positions. The O’Doherty lab conducts research aimed at determining the computational, behavioral and neural basis of reinforcement-learning and decision-making. A particular focus of the lab at present is on gaining an understanding of how these mechanisms vary across individuals and are altered in psychiatric disorders.
- The projects will involve behavioral testing of human research participants on-line and in the lab, fMRI scanning, computational modeling and data analysis
- Successful applicants will be involved in programming behavioral tasks
- Collecting data from human research participants on-line and in-lab
- Analyzing behavioral and fMRI data, as well as in supporting the information technology infrastructure needed to implement these research projects
- The ideal candidate will have a background (at the undergraduate level or above) in psychology, neuroscience or a related discipline
- Strong interest in the study of the neural and behavioral mechanisms of learning and decision-making
- Prior experience of interacting with human research participants and in administering experiments to human participants would be an advantage
- Experience with data analysis of behavioral or neuroimaging data would be helpful
- An affinity for quantitative areas of psychology and neuroscience would also be an advantage