Head of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
Department: Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 30 Jul 2020
Start date: 01.09.2020
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
An academic employee to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science and to do research in this area together with the performance of the Head of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
What do we require?
- A completed PhD (CSc.) in the fields of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics or in a related area;
- ongoing habilitation or appointment procedure (doc./prof.) is welcome;
- active publishing and teaching experience in the fields of Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics or in a related area (mainly publications in journals with high impact factors and journals included in Scopus);
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English;
- the ability to work in a team;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences and workshops abroad, including presentation of the applicant’s own research results,
- experience in team management;
- experience with the organization of teaching and in managing or participating in research projects;
- organizational and managerial skills;
- profiled personality in the given field; and
- moral integrity.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and
- opportunities for an internship abroad.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has lead or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a concept of professional, pedagogical, organizational and personnel intentions for the management and development of the Department; and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 30. 7. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/56453 on Masaryk University website.
More searches like this
- Mathematics & Statistics Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Czech Republic
- Mathematics & Statistics Heads of Department jobs in Czech Republic
- Mathematics & Statistics Academic Posts jobs in Czech Republic
- Mathematics & Statistics Other Academic jobs in Czech Republic
- Mathematics & Statistics Research Related jobs in Czech Republic