Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Full time position
- 2 year fixed term position with the possibility of extension to a third year
- Based at the Bendigo campus
- $86,191 - $92,274 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics La Trobe University, welcomes applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate (Level A) position to conduct research on an Australian Research Council Discovery Project (Measure theoretic frameworks for limsup sets). The successful candidate will report to Dr Mumtaz Hussain (Chief Investigator) and Dr David Simmons (Partner Investigator).
The aim of the project is to develop new powerful measure theoretic techniques to be used in establishing some indispensable results in analytical number theory (Diophantine approximation) and dynamical systems. The plan is to construct new techniques and to use them in situations where existing techniques are not applicable. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research as part of a collaborative research team, write research papers and present research findings at national/international conferences and seminars.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in securing this position, the preferred candidate will have:
- A PhD (or near completion) in Number Theory or Dynamical Systems or related research area;
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 16th August 2020
Position Enquiries: Dr Mumtaz Hussain, TEL: +61 (03) 5444 7355, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to national or international candidates
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559664 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.