Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / Research Assistant Professor
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
The School, consisting of the Academy of Film, Department of Communication Studies and Department of Journalism, has a thriving student population of over 1,500 who are enrolled in 14 Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD programs. Faculty members actively initiate and participate in interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers from universities in the US, Europe, and other parts of Asia.
Department of Communication Studies
The Department offers Bachelor’s degrees in advertising and branding, public relations, and organizational communication. Under the University’s Talent100 global recruitment drive, the Department invites applicants to fill two tenure-eligible positions in (a) public relations and (b) communication and technology, starting August 2021. In addition to the expertise associated with each position, candidates should exhibit attributes in the following paragraph. Scholars with a diverse cultural background are highly valued.
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor / Research Assistant Professor (PR0413/19-20)
Potential candidates should:
- hold a PhD degree in communication or a relevant field (e.g., social psychology, information management, and computational linguistics);
- have a track record of research publications in reputable communication and/or other high-impact social science journals;
- be able to teach public relations courses and/or other communication courses (e.g. information technology and social impact, digital public relations, network analysis, data analytics, computational communication, influencer marketing, risk and crisis communication, group communication, and organizational communication);
- maintain an active research agenda and produce quality research outputs;
- demonstrate capability of obtaining competitive external funding; and
- match with the existing department strengths.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) and send in samples of publications/creative works, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications and the latest teaching evaluation results. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Personnel Office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 25 August 2020 (or until the positions are filled with qualified individuals)
More searches like this
- Communication & Media Studies Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong