Senior Research Scientist B, Electrical Engineering/Physics/Materials Science
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Microsystems Technology Development Centre (MTDC) from Temasek Laboratories@NTU is seeking a hands-on Senior Research Scientist B, especially for III-V or III-Nitride devices who has extensive knowledge and experience in handling semiconductor device and circuit processing (including front-end and back-end).
- Develop cutting-edge micro- and nano-fabrication III-V or III-Nitride device technologies for high-performance microwave and millimeter-wave applications
- Develop advanced process flows (including front-end and back-end processes), preparation of process run sheets and inspect wafers through the fabrication processes.
- Device modelling and the extraction of intrinsic and extrinsic parameters devices from RF measurements
- Thermal modelling, junction temperature measurements of the devices and its analysis
- Coordinate with team of Fab-Manager, Scientists, Engineers, Technicians and Graduate students to develop fabrication processes for mm-wave devices and MMICs
- Prepare scientific and technical proposals for securing funding from various funding agencies.
- Make technical presentations for different projects to the customer
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or related field
- 5+ years experience in design and fabrication of RF microwave and mm-wave devices using III-V or GaN transistors with sub-micron and sub-nm scale processing
- On-wafer and/or packaged device RF measurement (DC, small-signal and large-signal) experience at different frequencies
- Strong knowledge in Simulation software’s including TCAD, SILVACO, ICCAP, SPICE modelling, MATLAB, ADS, LabView, JMP scripting or other environments
- Knowledge in device thermal modelling and its measurements
- Hand-on experience to do complete microwave system set-up at different frequencies (S-band to Ka-Band)
- Prior experience in measuring microwave measurements (including small signal and large-signal)
- Prior hands-on experience with physical device modelling techniques and extraction of intrinsic parameters of the devices
- Ability to develop custom device testing methods: DC, Pulsed I-V and RF
- Strong knowledge in RF circuit design background
- Areas of competence should include Dry/Wet Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation, New Product Introduction, Design of DOE for backend processing
- Hand-on experience with the basics of databases and statistical process control (SPC)
- Skills to draft report for the project deliverables
- Excellent in communication, verbal and written skills as well as listening and collaboration skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU