Pre-sessional EAP Tutor
This is an exciting opportunity to join our successful, forward-thinking and innovative department, which the British Council recognises as a country-leading centre of excellence for EAP teaching. You will teach on our distinctive range of rapidly growing Pre-sessionals alongside our friendly permanent tutors. In response to COVID-19, we have extended our ELTons Innovation Award nominated ‘Combined’ Pre-sessionals, so you will now be teaching the programme entirely online. Our training programme has evolved appropriately, and you will be fully supported in delivering our programme digitally. You will find all our students to be highly motivated and keen to develop their English language and academic skills with you.
We are looking for both EFL tutors with strong teaching backgrounds and experienced EAP tutors. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. We offer 10-week and 7-week full-time contracts, with all contracts including a paid induction period. Support for tutors new to EAP will be provided through our mentor scheme and on-course CPD programme.
Some of the key requirements for the post are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent and TEFL-I (minimum);
- Strong teaching background in English language and skills;
- Ability to plan and deliver high-quality sessions which directly meet the needs of learners;
- Ability to provide appropriate pastoral support to learners of varying ages and with diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate, effective relationships with other tutors and professional services staff.
- Be set up to deliver teaching and other duties online from a uk-based location (please see the job description for details)
The salary will be paid at £37,297 - £40,414 per annum (pro rata), inclusive of London Allowance. In addition to this, Pre-sessional EAP Tutors will receive paid holiday time in lieu of annual leave, which equates to the following approximate pay per contract:
10-week contract: £7,921 to £8,583
7-week contract: £5,544 to £6,008
Precise salary will be dependent on relevant qualifications and experience.
The contract will be for fixed-term, as follows:
- 6th July - 11th September (10-week contract)
- 27th July - 11th September (7-week contract)
This is a full-time post. Please make sure you are available for the full number of contracted hours and entire period.
The selection process will include a panel interview and an assessment.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Jessica Cooper, Head of Pre-sessional & Short Courses: email@example.com