Research Fellow, Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Business School (NBS) is seeking an outstanding Research Fellow (Postdoc) candidate to join a high-profile research project on business opportunity identification and development. The researcher will be involved in driving a research study funded by the Social Science Research Thematic Grant from Singapore's Ministry of Education.
The study involves a multi-method approach to collect data from business owners in Singapore who wish to implement digitization in their products and service offerings, as well as their business models and customer access. The study includes randomized controlled field experiments, interviews, experience sampling, and surveys. The study brings together a multi-disciplinary research team interfacing across business, psychology, and entrepreneurship.
The position fully focuses on research with no expectation of teaching. The objective of this position is to enhance the researcher's skills and record for placement in a leading university or research laboratory at the end of the postdoctoral fellowship. The environment provides excellent opportunities for career development.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
The emphasis of this role will be to provide effective and efficient project management on this comprehensive research project, and to act as the first point of contact for research and administrative aspects of the project.
The RF will also be expected to provide research support in terms of the following:
- Conduct literature review, scan and synthesize scholarly and academic research articles, prepare case studies, technical reports and research papers
- Implement the data collection including the conduct of interviews, design and administration of surveys and randomized controlled field experiments
- Enter, clean and analyze the collected data, and perform the appropriate statistical data analyses
Key Competencies and Qualification Requirements:
- Applicants must have a PhD in any of the following: Psychology, Information Systems, Management, or Business disciplines
- Between 1-2 years of experience or interest in the following: conducting interviews, administering surveys or other standardized questionnaires; and analyzing data
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.