Research Assistant, Lee Kong Chian Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Molecular and Vascular Biology (led by Asst Prof Christine Cheung).
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Laboratory of Molecular and Vascular Biology at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Our team aims to understand the genetic and metabolic basis of blood vessel ageing. We develop human vascular cell-based models to perform functional genomics, phenotypic and molecular assays. We provide vibrant atmospheres and state-of-arts core facilities. Being funded by the prestigious Human Frontier Science Program grant, the best candidates will have exciting opportunities to work with international collaborators, as well as outstanding scientists, clinicians and engineers across Singapore. Highly motivated individuals with a passion to advance personalised and preventive medicine are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit: www.cheung-lab.com
- Assist purchasing of equipment, materials and consumables and provide general supports for the lab.
- Perform molecular and biochemical experiments, document results, and analyse data.
- Inventory keeping of cell lines, reagents and materials in the lab.
- Attend regular group meetings
- Uphold safety measures and assist in audit processes
Skills and qualifications:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s (for assistant level) or equivalent in life sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, bioengineering or equivalent from a well-recognized university.
- Applicants with previous research experience or laboratory training in molecular and cell biology will be considered favourably.
- Applicants who have an extensive record of laboratory management in other schools and institutes are encouraged to apply.
- Self-motivated and well-organized with good communication and technical skills.
- Be able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Committed, able to work flexible hours, and over some weekends if experiments necessitate
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter, CV and names/ contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.