Special Scientist, Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
SPECIAL SCIENTIST (PhD holder)
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-08
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for a full or part- time Special Scientist position to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will be employed in externally funded research programs of FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
The candidates must be holders of:
- PhD in a subject Electrical Engineering
- First Degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent).
Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology
- Laboratory in the field of Smart Grids, Grid Integration and Emerging Technologies.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and experimentation to collect data
- Modelling and analysis of Smart Grids and the integration of renewable energy sources and other emerging technologies
- Study and analysis on the other carrier integration and electrification
- Data analysis
- Writing articles and publications of research results
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Additional skills highly appreciated:
- Power system analysis software – Powerfactory, Simulink/Matlab
- Object oriented programming – Java and/or Python
- Data Analysis – Matlab
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €2000-4200 (monthly gross salary €1740,64 – 3655,35) (€14,28/hr - €30,00/hr). From this amount employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Letter of interest for the specific position
- Full CV
- Copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following address:
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email: email@example.com