VACANCIES AVAILABLE: One
DEPARTMENT: Public Relations, Media and Communication (PRMC)
JOB FAMILY: Administration
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: Director of PRMC
APPOINTMENT DURATION: 2 Years
PROBATION: 3 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
JD VERSION: 290120-1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Press Officer, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive digital media plan.
- Develop ideas for features and stories that would promote the University.
- Create consistently clear, accurate and compelling content for external and internal audiences in both English and Kurdish.
- Manage relationships with journalists, reporters.
- Liaise with media on press enquiries and academics/staff interviews.
- Support the general functions of the Department of PRMC.
- Develop and update the Website’s content.
- Develop scheduled newsletters.
- Perform media monitoring and delivery of daily news briefings to faculty/staff.
- Advise the academic staff and managers on dealing with the media.
- Produce high impact coverage for the University.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The Press Officer should have:
- 4-5 years of experience in journalism, news-writing and editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Kurdish.
- Degree in social sciences (master’s preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of the media, society and politics in Kurdistan Region.
- Genuine interest in higher education, science and student affairs.
- Willingness to adapt and participate in activities outside the ‘core role’ as required.
- Very good understanding of digital media/social media technicalities and strategies.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to systematically identify opportunities for improvement in work systems, and implement changes in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Press Officer, and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at ‘Vacancies’ on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd)