Assistant / Associate / Professor – College of Engineering
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) is on a search for global talents to join us. NCKU invites outstanding young researchers and promising scholars to apply for appointment, as part of its NCKU: 90 and beyond initiative.
Successful candidates will
- Receive start-up research grants of up to US$ 10,000 annually
- Enjoy attractive remuneration package and other benefits such as assistance with;
- Accommodation – partially subsided up to US$ 8,000 U.S. per year
- Airfare subsidy for relocation - economy class round-trip ticket within one year
- Relocation grant - partially subsided up to US$ 2,000
Desired skills and experience
- Early career researcher (post-doctoral fellow to professors with doctoral degrees) from a reputable university.
- Candidates with no prior experience are welcome apply, as long as you have a passion for research and teaching.
Information and Application:
For more details and application, please visit NCKU: 90 and Beyond.
About National Cheng Kung University
National Cheng Kung University has its base in the historic city of Tainan, in Taiwan. It is a university with 22,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in engineering, management, liberal arts, sciences, medicine, social science, electrical engineering and computer science, planning and design, and bioscience and biotechnology.
NCKU prioritises talent cultivation. In addition to improving students’ domain knowledge, the university also aims to equip students with language proficiency, knowledge, and flexibility to adapt to any environment, as well as valuable IT skills for the future. Since it was established, NCKU’s 150,000+ graduates have become the backbone of Taiwan’s society. In the Global 2000 Leading Companies for 2017, published by Forbes, NCKU ranked 48th among universities worldwide in terms of the number of alumni who have gone on to become chief executives.
According to a database analysis from Elsevier, papers published by NCKU over the past five years were primarily in the following fields: engineering, medicine, computer science, physics and astronomy, and material science. Among these, NCKU’s field-weight citation impact rankings in engineering, medicine, and biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology far exceeded the global average. Furthermore, the rate of NCKU papers among the top 10 per cent most highly cited papers has grown over the past three years, expanding from 10.9 per cent in 2014 to 14.1 per cent in 2016.
To learn more about us, please visit here.