Medical Research Specialist I
4 days left
- Full Time
Medical Research Specialist 1 College of Medicine and Health Sciences-UAEU. Employed as full-time staff member participating in research, teaching and administrative activities.
Standard Duties of Job
Be involved with the day-to-day running of the research laboratory, training of graduate and undergraduate students. Be instrumental in research projects, data collection, data management, grant management and the preparation of initial manuscripts, grants and other outputs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute significantly to the research projects within the University.
- Conduct and execute various research experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with laboratory research grants and publications.
- Assist in the training of graduate and undergraduate students on specific laboratory techniques relevant to their projects.
- Be involved in teaching and experimental laboratory and computer based learning sessions
Specific Responsibilities and Duties for Job :
- Identification of parasite (i.e pathogenic and non-pathogenic parasite) under the microscope.
- Processing human/animal stool samples (wet mount; iodine staining; Trichrome and Ziehl Neelsen staining; concentration methods)
- In vitro cell and parasite culture and animal work (in vivo).
- Molecular biology (parasitology and Immunology); genomic DNA and RNA extraction.
- Evaluation of qPCR, RT-PCR primers and probes.
- Measurement of target mRNA expression levels in cell lines; organs’ tissues and parasite.
- Animal care and handling including daily care; breeding and Genotyping. and animal experiments (e.g Dissecting; oral gavaging…etc)
- Flow cytometry assay and cell isolation; cell immunohistochemistry; immunocytochemistry and ELISA assay.
- Optimization of experimental protocol and troubleshooting of assays.
- Public health research experience e.g the design laboratory; community-based experiments, development surveys and interviewing skills.
- Proficient with laboratory calculations and statistical analysis (SPSS and GraphPad Prism).
- Mentoring; teaching and training students; junior staff members and graduate students (Masters and PhD) on laboratory-based theory and techniques.
- Communicate and/or generate the results of own research and contribute to the production of research reports, publications, PowerPoint presentations, grants and manuscripts.
Minimum Qualification Applicants should have a B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline PLUS 3-4 years’ experience in relevant scientific field
- Strong background in molecular biology; preferably certified through life technologies training or similar.
- Expertise in the use of computer lab software or PowerLabs
- Experience managing laboratory research grants
- Preparing and editing publications
- Training undergraduate and graduate students 0n research projects and computer-based-learning
- Theoretical knowledge in cellular and molecular biology and stem cell biology
- Experience in performing cell biology and biochemical laboratory techniques
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques including PCR, RNA preparation/extraction and gel electrophoresis
- Ability to read, comprehend and discuss research data and articles
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Knowledge of computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and training skills
- Ability to perform mathematical and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in English
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Microbiology - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED