2021 Nanyang Assistant Professorship Call
The World’s Best Young University is looking for the world’s most promising Professors.
NTU invites outstanding young researchers and exceptional scholars to apply for appointment as Nanyang Assistant Professors.
Successful candidates will
- Receive start-up research grants of up to S$ 1 million (US$ 720K; €635K; £566K)
- Enjoy attractive remuneration package and other benefits including assistance with accommodation
- Hold tenure-track appointments and play lead roles in the university’s new wave of multi-disciplinary, integrative research
The University provides excellent R&D infrastructure with well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories and opportunities for research funding.
Applications now open for submission* till Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020, 11:59 P.M. (UTC / GMT +8:00).
- Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Applicants are responsible to remind their referees to submit the referees’ reports by 7 October 2020, 11.59 P.M (UTC/GMT +8.00) to complete their application.
Desired skills and experience:
- Early career researcher (post-doctoral fellow or equivalent) from a reputable university
- PhD degree in any discipline obtained no more than 10 years at the closing date of this NAP Call (i.e. as at 30 Sep 2020)
- Strong track record for publication and relevant teaching experience
- Ready to lead his/her research group independently
About Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, set up jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).
Ranked 13th in the world, NTU has been placed the world's top young university for the past six years. The University's main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and it has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) building projects, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore's healthcare district.
For more information, visit www.ntu.edu.sg.