PhD Position in Real Estate Economics
PHD POSITION IN REAL ESTATE ECONOMICS
We hire a PhD student to do research in the broad area of Real Estate Economics. Potential research topics include (historical) land prices, hedonic house price models, rental markets, sustainability in housing markets and/or the interaction with taxation.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Do research that results in a PhD
- Participate in international conferences
- Publish papers in international scientific journals
- You will occasionally be involved in teaching activities
The project will result in a joint PhD between KU Leuven and UAntwerp. Therefore, the successful candidate should be willing to work certain days in Leuven and other days in Antwerp (but this is flexible).
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- You hold a MSc degree in Economics, Business Economics, Commercial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, or similar.
- Having at least ‘cum laude’ during master years.
- You have strong skills in statistical, econometric and quantitative data analysis and experience with statistical packages; and are keen on developing these skills further.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to do research.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have very good scientific writing skills.
- Successful candidates are required to enter the PhD program in economics of the Faculty of Economics and Business of KU Leuven (see https://feb.kuleuven.be/phd-economics). The candidate is required to take on an individual “doctum colloquium” consisting of courses from the Master of Science in Advanced Studies in Economics. Students who have obtained a Master of Science in Advanced Studies in Economics degree from KU Leuven with honors or higher will be exempted from this doctum colloquium. Alternatively, the successful candidate has the option to postpone the start of the PhD with one year to study the Advanced Studies in Economics and work as a part-time job student in the first year.
- We offer the candidate a joint PhD at the Department of Economics (KU Leuven) and the Department Accountancy and Finance (UAntwerp).
- We can offer a full-time contract of one year, which can be extended to four years depending on a yearly positive evaluation.
- The successful candidate also has the option to postpone the start of the PhD with one year to study the Advanced Studies in Economics and work as a part-time job student in the first year.
- Start date October 1, 2020 or to be negotiated.
- The net salary equals about €2000 per month
- An interesting group of colleagues (other PhD students, Postdocs and Faculty) working on related topics
The application package should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate.
- Transcript of all university grades.
- Motivation letter.
- Master thesis.
For any additional information, please contact dr. Sven Damen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can apply for this job no later than July 31, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.