Full/Associate/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer - School of Psychology & Counseling
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer, Jindal School of Psychology & Counseling (JSPC)
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India. JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 5100 students and 1000 faculty and staff members representing 32 countries in nine multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Journalism, Art & Architecture, Banking & Finance and Environment & Sustainability. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% universities in the World and in the Top 150 universities (under 50 years of age) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2020.
The Jindal School of Psychology & Counseling (JSPC), the tenth school of JGU, will start its first academic session in August 2021 and is committed to promote excellence in teaching, research and capacity building in the study of Psychology in all its forms and manifestations.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) invites applications for faculty positions at the levels of Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor/ Lecturer/ Assistant Lecturer in Jindal School of Psychology & Counseling (JSPC).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The faculty members will be expected to teach undergraduate/ graduate courses, conduct research, mentor students and engage in school, university level activities and undertake administrative responsibilities. The faculty will also oversee internship programmes, invest in building scholarship and leadership, as well as contribute to global and local challenges.
The faculty will also be expected to have a scholarly research program in her/his field of expertise that could involve undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching, excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Psychology from a globally reputed university;
- Undergraduate-level teaching experience in areas related to Psychology;
- A demonstrable commitment to excellence in teaching;
- Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body.
Knowledge & Abilities:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate to have a depth of knowledge in the discipline along with the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues to promote innovation, teaching, learning and service to a diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivation, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes.
Compensation & Benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salary and benefits commensurating candidate's qualification and experience.
Apart from a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to the top international universities along with comprehensive health and accidental insurance coverage, accommodation on university campus, staff development allowance, research grants, research rewards for publications and other benefits.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of Interest (teaching, research & institution building);
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent).
Submit your applications to HR@JGU.EDU.IN latest by July 30, 2020.