Director, Partnerships and Development
AFTRS is Australia's Screen and Broadcast School, established to fuel and empower Australian creativity and storytelling. AFTRS is consistently rated as one of the top film schools in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Leader to join the Executive Team. You will be responsible for driving key strategic partnerships that deliver meaningful, beneficial outcomes for the school. You will coordinate the design and implementation of the School's Business Development Strategy, including national and international student recruitment; national and international partnerships with educational institutions, screen and broadcast organisations and corporate and commercial organisations; philanthropic donation and leveraging in-kind support from stakeholders and alumni.
As Director, Partnerships & Development you will:
- Identify, drive and maintain strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, including Screen and Broadcast industry, cultural and educational institutions, and Government.
- Work with the AFTRS Executive Team and across the School to define and map formal and informal stakeholder communication channels to ensure clear communication and streamlined identification and management of opportunities.
- Develop and implement the School's overarching Business Development Strategy, identifying and developing strategic business opportunities to increase and diversify the School's own-sourced income with a combined and collaborative divisional approach.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Student Recruitment, to oversee the delivery and execution of the Marketing and Student Recruitment Strategy, ensuring campaigns are aligned to curriculum.
- Work closely with the Head of International, to lead the design, development, implementation, review and evaluation of an International Strategy to deliver expected student recruitment targets, meaningful and mutually beneficial student experiences and International Industry and Corporate training opportunities.
- Work closely with the Industry Manager (students), to oversee the identification of meaningful and beneficial partnerships with Industry organisations to deliver safe and positive student placement opportunities.
- Work closely with the Alumni, Scholarships and Philanthropy Manager, to oversee the identification and development of strong and beneficial relationships with individual and corporate donors and sponsors, ensuring relationship management is executed to the highest standard.
- Oversee the identification and growth of strong and fruitful Corporate client bases and ensure that client needs are met and relationship management is executed to the highest standard.
- You have a solid record of achievement at a Senior Executive level in a relevant strategic business development and/or partnerships role within film, broadcasting and emerging media.
- You have established and deep networks within and across the screen and broadcast industry. In addition to this, having established corporate, commercial and Government networks will give you an advantage.
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand market segments and set and deliver on financial targets.
- You have the proven ability to successfully develop and implement business strategies from inception to conclusion including the capacity to effectively initiate, steer and influence strong outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of business development and client and stakeholder relationship management and the proven ability to confidently "make the ask".
- You have the proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a small team, to foster effective working relationships, and to represent AFTRS effectively and positively.
- You are a values-led leader with strong personal drive and integrity, including demonstrated use of initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
As a creative organisation, we understand the importance of offering flexible working to support your own creativity, wellbeing and balance. We will genuinely consider applications for job share and part-time working. We also support working from home and flexible working hours.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
Salary: Senior Executive salary package commensurate with level, plus excellent benefits.
Please feel free to contact Louise Hope, Director, People & Culture, if you would like to have a confidential conversation about the role: firstname.lastname@example.org