Indigenous Postdoctoral Fellowship, Melbourne School of Engineering
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Melbourne School of Engineering
Salary: $73,699 - $124,958 p.a. (Level A - B) + 17% superannuation
Role: Academic - Full time
- An exciting opportunity for an emerging Indigenous Australian scholar to join the Melbourne School of Engineering and advance their academic career.
- Applications welcome from Early Career Academics with research interests in initiatives aligned with Engineering, Computer & Information Systems or any related discipline.
- 3-year contract with multiple positions available.
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, we are globally engaged; comprehensive; research-intensive; and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
The Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) has been the leading Australian provider of engineering and IT education and research for over 150 years. We are a multidisciplinary School organised into three key areas; Computing and Information Systems (CIS), Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (CBE) and Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure Engineering (EMI). MSE continues to attract top staff and students and is commitment to creating knowledge for the betterment of society.
The fellowship represents just one of many commitments to build a cohort of Indigenous academic staff within the Melbourne School of Engineering and to enrich the Faculty’s diverse scholarly community. It forms an important link in building a sustainable career pathway for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders within the Melbourne School of Engineering — from undergraduate to Professorial level and beyond.
The Melbourne School of Engineering is inviting applications from emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academics looking to advance their scholarly career. The Indigenous Postdoctoral Fellowship is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to further develop their research journey in Engineering, Computing and Information Systems or a related field.
This is a 3-year position designed to nurture your talent and provide you with developmental support. You will be assigned an experienced mentor in your field and a generous research fund to support you in achieving your goals.
As an aspiring academic you will have a clear passion for your research area and be highly motivated to investigate contemporary issues. Your strong interpersonal skills will enable you to work with a broad range of people to achieve your goals.
You Will Have
- Completed a PhD in Engineering, Computing and Information Systems or a related field, or be near completion.
- A strong understanding of trends and methodologies in your related field.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, and we’ll support you in doing what you love.
How to Apply
If you’re curious, motivated and ready to undertake a meaningful and rewarding role we’re ready to meet you.
Apply online, complete the application and upload the following:
- A copy of your CV
- An outline of your proposed research project - include details of the anticipated project outcomes and how these may lead to strong opportunities for further external funded fellowships or academic employment.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
Applications close: 19 Jul 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time