Senior Lecturer, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Teaching and research, also supervision of final year projects
- Supervision of postgraduate students at Honours level
- Supervision of M & D students at Senior Lecturer level
- Academic administration and other duties as determined by the Head of Department
- Participation in the department’s strategic initiatives to teaching, research and community engagement
- Doctorate degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification for a Senior Lecturer
- Expertise and research experience in one or more of the specialist areas of the research groups in the Department;
- A proven research record supported by publications in high quality peer reviewed journals;
- At least two years tertiary education experience or 2 years related industry experience;
- A record of previous undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching experience, and supervision of Masters.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Appropriate tertiary teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Preference will be given to the candidate with the specialization in Supply Chain Engineering;
- Preference will be given to candidates with Industrial Engineering background;
- Candidates registered or registerable as Professional Engineer with ECSA;NRF rating or have applied for one.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- A brief teaching portfolio;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 5 June 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Mr. AM van Heerden, Tel: (012) 420 3762 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) for application-related enquiries, and Prof. VSS Yadavalli Tel: (012) 420 2979 (E-mail: email@example.com) for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.