Bin Hamoodah Endowed Chair, College of Natural and Health Sciences
The College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) invites applications for an Endowed Chair in Public Health in the Department of Health Sciences. Preference will be given to candidates with long expertise in Public Health. Candidates should demonstrate a strong record of teaching, service, and research. To be considered, candidates should complete an online faculty application by submitting a (1) curriculum vitae and (2) letter of interest describing teaching and research experiences.
Zayed University announces an international search to fill the Bin Hamoodah Endowed Chair in Public Health, beginning in Spring 2020. We seek a scholar of international reputation who is prepared to lead our research and curricular efforts in public health.
The successful candidate will work with an existing team of committed faculty in health sciences to ensure that Zayed University is a leader in promoting the national public health agenda.
The occupant of the Bin Hamoodah Endowed Chair in Public Health will be expected to:
- Produce high-quality scholarship that will be submitted to high-impact journals or prestigious publishers.
- Train the next generation of UAE professionals in the Chair’s field of expertise by teaching a minimum of 3 courses per year, as assigned by the Dean, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. If the Chair attracts adequate external funding, this teaching assignment could be reduced via course buyout.
- Give four public lectures per year on a topic related to the Chair’s field of expertise.
- Mentor faculty in the college and department regarding research, publication, and curriculum development.
- Engage with health authorities at the national and international levels to ensure that Zayed University is fully informed of their needs and policies with regard to public health.
- Be available to consult with external health authorities as needed.
- Ph.D. in a field that is central to issues of public health and wellness.
- Outstanding record of teaching, scholarship, and externally funded research, consistent with appointment at the rank of Professor.
- Ability to carry out high-impact research in the UAE.
- Ability and willingness to mentor ZU faculty through workshops, seminars, research advice, and possibly joint projects.
- Evidence of success in a multicultural or bilingual environment will be an asset.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
Questions should be directed to the Department of Health Sciences Chair, Dr. Haleama Al Sabbah, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.