Lecturer in Animal Therapy
Lecturer in Animal Therapy
£26,646 - £28,182 per annum pro rata (Associate Lecturer Salary band)
£28,954 - £37,698 per annum pro rata (Lecturer Salary band)
£35,545 - £43,789 per annum pro rata (Senior Lecturer Salary Band)
18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will join the Department of Animal and Agriculture, as we look to enhance our provision in animal therapy delivery across a range of our current and future programmes. You will receive extensive support in developing skills in teaching and tutoring of students, across all years of university level delivery. Candidates who are in current professional practice are particularly encouraged to apply. You will grasp the opportunity to foster cross-disciplinary collaborations and ambitions that will build on current strengths within the department, and across the institution.
- You will be highly motivated with a commitment to the highest quality of teaching
- You will support higher education programme delivery, hence you will be highly enthusiastic, professional and collegiate
- Your teaching and research interests will complement colleagues across the department who are sector leaders in animal behaviour, animal welfare, human-animal interactions, bioveterinary science, applied zoology and animal performance
- You will hold a higher education teaching qualification or be willing to complete one within two years of appointment
- You will possess a post-graduate degree in the relevant subject area, or have extensive relevant industry experience
- You will have postgraduate/postdoctoral/industry experience within the subject field, with research practice being advantageous (AL) / essential (L/SL)
- You will have a developing(AL/L)/developed(SL) network of research collaborators and industry partners
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st June 2020
Interviews will be held on Thursday 11th June 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.