Lecturer in Quality Engineering and Metrology
FULL-TIME LECTURER IN QUALITY ENGINEERING AND METROLOGY
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with the goal of becoming the leading research university in Vietnam and the region. VGU´s strategy is to customize excellent German study programs in the fields of engineering, natural sciences and economics to meet the needs of Vietnamese higher education. VGU follows the successful German model and standards concerning the academic and administrative structures.
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking 01 highly qualified full-time lecturer in Quality Engineering & Metrology. Candidates must hold a PhD in this field or a closely related field and have a strong background in research. Successful candidate will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in the program Mechanical Engineering (ME) and graduate courses in the program Global Production Engineering & Management (GPEM). The expected workload for the in-class lecture conduction is 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes).
Teaching should reflect current research methods and results, and comprises lectures on the following modules:
- Quality Management: Quality circle and product development process, standardization, probability calculus and statistics, techniques of quality management, quality controlling, total productive maintenance, product liability, total quality management.
- Metrology: measurement systems, traceability, statistics, proficiency testing, calibration, software verification and validation.
Named courses are subject to change upon realistic needs of the programs. Each course requires conducting relevant laboratory activities and/or advising student projects. Lecturers are welcome to propose elective courses within his/her expertise and in in consultation with the Faculty and the relevant German partner university, here: the Technical University of Berlin.
This position is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s and master’s theses and mentoring PhD students.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU through innovative. This includes and is not limited to comprehensive activities in theoretical research as well as applied research in the fields of such as preventive maintenance, production-integrated metrology, machine-oriented quality control loops, quality management systems and computer-aided quality management, long-term quality, information quality, quality management in collaborative networks, quality assurance in the innovation process. The ability to apply and generate externally funded research projects is highly desirable.
Candidates must hold a PhD in Quality Engineering and Metrology or a closely related field, preferably from a well-known international university. Experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology are highly appreciated. Other requirements include:
- An outstanding academic record with a focus on Quality Engineering and Metrology or other areas closely related to it
- Strong track record of successful research activities and publications in international and peer-reviewed journals in the related area
- Proven teaching experience with strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Relevant industry experience
- Proven excellent English proficiency
To find out more about our employment benefits, as well as our application requirements and process, please visit our web page for recruitment: https://vgu.edu.vn/lecturers.