Organization Name Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
The applicant will be responsible of providing electrical engineering research and development support to the team developing flow characterization/sensing technology. The responsibilities include:
- designing and developing front-end hardware encompassing transceivers, radio frequency (RF) circuits, microwaves subsystems, RF coils, and antennas.
- integrating system components with back-end low-frequency electronics, power supply subsystems, digital signal processors,
- developing device control and acquisition software using LabVIEW/C
- performing 3D electromagnetic simulations and microwave circuit/system level simulation,
- carrying out electronic design schematic capture and printed circuit board (PCB) layout design, fabrication, assembly and testing
- performing simulations, conducting experiments, gathering/analyzing data, writing technical reports, and preparing as-built schematics,
- Preparing, sourcing and procuring bill of materials, following up on orders and request for quotations
- writing technical papers/articles
- Master degree in electrical engineering with focus on applied electromagnetics, microwave/antenna engineering, or closely related field
- Antenna and microwave engineering system/component design experience (preferably in nuclear magnetic resonance/ flow sensing applications)
- Measurement and instrumentation experience in the RF and microwave
- Programming experience using Matlab, LabVIEW, and C
- EM numerical modeling experience using common packages such as CST Studio Suite
- Experience with common electronic schematic capture and layout design software (e.g., Altium Designer)
How To Apply
Please attach CV and Research Interest statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).