Position Title: Instructional Designer
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and recognized university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity Project has resulted from the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering, and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health science education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the 5-star rating standards of QS Stars and will include the following colleges within the University: a College of Business (including Hospitality and Real Estate); a College of Engineering and Computer Science; and a College of Health Sciences. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993 by Vietnamese, who were living in the Ukraine. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is to create a better life for the Vietnamese people. In 2016 and 2017, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas, including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing), and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Mr. Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018). Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, a society, and a nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21st century and beyond for Vietnam.
VinUniversity seeks a motivated, organized individual who is passionate about education and pedagogy to serve as the Instructional Designer for VinUniversity based in Hanoi Vietnam. This individual will demonstrate an optimistic, highly collaborative approach, problem solving and critical thinking skills, and the agility to adjust to a fast-paced, rapidly changing “start-up” environment. As an ID for a new university that is committed to implementing the highest standards of teaching and research, this individual has a once in a lifetime opportunity to design, implement and build an evidence based, student centric, technology enabled undergraduate teaching and learning experience for students in Engineering, Health Sciences and Business.
REPORTING LINE: Reporting to the Executive Director of the Center for Institutional Excellence
- Collaborate with faculty, subject matter experts and staff to plan, design, develop, deploy and support courses.
- Ensure all courses and course components are student-centered, appropriate to drive the intended learning outcomes meet university standards, copyright and accessibility requirements and universal design guidelines.
- Provide pedagogical and technology support to faculty and students during the design and delivery of courses.
- Recommend effective and creative uses of technology and pedagogy to enhance instruction and create new learning opportunities.
- Lead, conduct and support faculty training programs including the creation and facilitation of online tutorials, videos, activities and other materials to assist faculty with online teaching and learning tools.
- Conduct course quality reviews, lead peer feedback sessions, conduct individual coaching sessions with faculty, provides recommendations for course improvement, and promote good practices of teaching and learning with technology.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and their application to online instruction pedagogy and technology and their applicability to enhancing face-to-face courses. Make recommendations to adopt and implement solutions as appropriate.
- May also lead/conduct teaching workshops for K-12 teachers and/or faculty from colleges other than VinUniversity
- Build professional networks and leverage global networks to continuously improve teaching approaches, utilize best practices, and build a leadership presence in pedagogy in South East Asia.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Undergraduate degree in Instructional Technology, Education or related field plus a minimum of three years’ experience in course design and development in a university setting for online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face class delivery. Preference will be given to candidates who have an advanced degree or certificate in an area related to Education, Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction.
- Extensive experience in the use of instructional design principles and models, and instructional design process in a higher education setting. Proficiency in some combination of graphic design, video and multi-media production, accessible and inclusive design, web development, user experience design, copyright. Experience with course management systems and/or learning management systems, such as Canvas
- Advance knowledge in instructional design principles, theories, and methodologies; adult learning theory and learning.
- Experience in integrating technology into the teaching/learning process to meet learning objectives.
NOTE : this position is located in Hanoi, Vietnam. Physical presence in Hanoi is required for most of the academic year; however consideration will be given to candidates who wish to spend part of their time in their home country.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accomodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschools.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Instructional Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly