Learning Support Tutor
Learning Support Tutor
£23,301 - £28,021 per annum pro rata
37 Hours per Week - Flexible working pattern available
Term Time Only
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- Working as part of the college wide Learning Support Team, you will take responsibility for assessing and identifying literacy, study skills, additional learning support and EAA needs across a range of departments.
- You will interview and assess the identified students, timetable and deliver their specialist tuition on a one to one or small group basis.
- You will have experience of working with post 16 year olds in an educational setting and knowledge and/or experience of our subject areas including Equine, Sport, Agriculture and Animal Management.
- You will have a Level 5 qualification in Teaching Learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties.
- You will also have or be willing to work towards Level 7 Teaching and Assessing Learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties or an equivalent qualification that would enable them to assess students EAA needs within the JCQ regulations.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Onsite fitness facilities
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website www.hartpury.ac.uk to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st June 2020
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.