Visiting Scholar in Centre for Higher Education Research
Centre for Higher Education Research,
Southern University of Science and Technology
The Centre for Higher Education Research (hereinafter “the Centre”) of the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China (hereinafter “the University”) was founded in June 2015. As both a teaching and research unit and a supporting entity of International Centre of Higher Education Innovation of UNESCO, the Centre aims at carrying out academic research and practical activities in the field of higher education.
The teaching and research areas of the Centre include: 1) Professional general education; 2) School-based research; 3) ICT theory and application; 4) Curriculum development and planning; 5) Talent development.
Visiting Scholar (2-4 positions)
Applicants should be interested in collaborating with the Centre for Higher Education Research of the Southern University of Science and Technology to undertake a certain amount of scientific research and teaching tasks. The requirements are:
- Possession of a vice-senior or above professional title in pedagogy or a PhD degree in pedagogy;
- Stable and distinctive research interests in the discipline and proven record of excellent academic research;
- Proficiency in working, researching, and writing in English.
2. Remuneration and Benefits
- The University offers living allowance regularly according to working hours, specific standards will be commensurate with the workload;
- Housing: The University provides housing for visiting scholars from other cities, and rents are determined in accordance with relevant regulations.
- The University and the visiting scholar will sign the "Agreement of Visiting Scholars of the Southern University of Science and Technology" (see annex);
- The information of the personnel, salary, and administrative relations of the visiting scholar is kept at the home institution. In principle, when the visit period ends, the visiting scholar should return to the home institution; but it is also possible to consider faculty position at the University upon mutual selection;
- The visit scholar is expected to submit work summary one week before the end of the visit period;
- All the visiting scholar's achievements during the visit period, including but not limited to articles, monographs, awards, etc., should be shared with the home institution; while the University should be the primary author/participant of the achievements.
4. Application Procedure and Documents
Applicants should submit their application documents by e-mail or letter. Application documents should include full curriculum vitae (including educational experience, research or work experience, research interests, research projects, research outputs), list of academic articles, PDFs of the articles, scanned copies of qualifications, and contact information of three referees. After selection process, only shortlisted candidates will be duly interviewed. Application materials will not be returned to the applicants. All information received will be treated in strict confidence.
Contact person: Ms. Han