Counseling Outreach Officer, Student Counseling Center
1 day left
- Full Time
The Student Affairs Deanship seeks an incumbent of Counseling Outreach Officer to report to the Director of the Student Counseling Center and works closely with the administrative staff and Counselors at the Center.
The incumbent liaises with key offices and contacts within the university community including, but not limited to, units within Student Affairs, Deans/Directors, as well as Faculty and Staff to plan and coordinate outreach activities and programs related to psychological well-being.
The outreach initiatives are also extended to the broader community outside of the University including community organizations, governmental as well as non-governmental healthcare and welfare agencies, media, etc. to develop and implement an integrated community networking towards fostering partnerships as well as further promoting the services of the Center.
The Counseling Outreach Officer is the key link connecting the Center with the university community and plays an important role in contributing to the continual growth and success of the Center.
- Works in close coordination with the staff and Counselors at the Center to identify gaps in university community’s awareness regarding the services offered by the Center.
- Establishes and maintains strong and positive relationships with targeted members and offices within the university community to facilitate their support and partnership with the Student Counseling Center.
- Co-ordinates the representation of the Student Counseling Center at University events such as Career fairs, Orientation week, Faculty open house, Cultural programs/National day celebrations, Conferences etc.
- Liaises with the faculty and targeted student community (e.g., student clubs and associations, peer support programs, etc.) to facilitate students’ awareness and use of services offered by the Center.
- Designs, organizes, plans and implements outreach activities and programs to promote the Center.
- Consults with the staff at the Center to identify and prioritize outreach programs to overcome lack of awareness and stigma associated with mental health issues and availing counseling services.
- Conducts meetings and presentations with targeted student populations to help facilitate students’ understanding and awareness of educational, preventative, and proactive mental health support services offered by the Center.
- Supports in developing psycho-educational literature using a range of print as well as electronic media such as flyers, brochures, website, newsletter, social media etc.)
- Plans and supports in implementing regular outreach programs and activities such as Depression awareness week, Mental-health day, etc. to support the wellness mission of the Center.
- Develops, updates and maintains a database on the Center’s outreach efforts using information such as outreach program requests, student inquiries, offices/individuals contacted, feedback and reports on outreach events, programs, projects etc.
- Maintains a budget and financial report on expenditure related to outreach efforts.
- Identifies resourceful graduate and undergraduate students and organize their participation in outreach programs and activities.
- Participates and contributes to the research efforts initiated at the Center (e.g., Needs assessment, satisfaction surveys, program evaluation, etc.) as and when required.
- Regularly reviews outreach activities and update information disseminated through presentations, brochures, social media, pamphlets etc.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Psychology/Counseling/Human Services/Social Work from an accredited institution and have 2 years’ experience working in a secretarial/administrative role, preferably in an educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other essential requirements:
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a solid understanding of the culture of the UAE Society.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing allowance, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.