Order and stock laboratory supplies. Perform routine laboratory work under general supervision. Clean laboratory equipment; perform routine maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment. Assist scientists and technicians by setting up and operating laboratory equipment, performing simple calculations and repetitive tests, making solutions and preparing samples. Help with routine image processing.
- Order supplies. Perform inventory of chemicals and supplies and stock laboratory areas as required.
- Track packages.
- Organize lab spaces including freezers and fridges.
- Collect, wash, and return laboratory glassware to stock; maintain a clean, orderly work area within the laboratory.
- Perform routine maintenance and make minor repairs to moderately complex laboratory apparatus and instruments.
- Assist in the set-up and operation of moderately complex laboratory apparatus and instruments; read and record instrument data; tabulate data; keep laboratory records.
- Operate sterilization equipment ensuring appropriate conditions for material being processed.
- Prepare various solutions and/or media. Understand how to develop recipes based on concentrations of ingredients.
- Specific duties may change to meet changing research needs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Experience with software including Microsoft Office.
- Interest in learning general biological, microbiological, and chemistry lab techniques.
- Prior laboratory work experience.
- Experience in electron microscopy.
- Experience with lab information management software.