Teaching Assistant – Health Sciences Laboratory
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of the Qatar National Vision, 2030.
The School of Health Science invites applications for positions at the level of Teaching Assistant – Health Science Laboratory
Reporting to the Chair –Advanced Care Paramedicine, Environmental Health, and Occupational Health, Safety and Environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting instructors with the development, delivery and evaluation of practical learning materials for the Health Science programs and laboratories. S/he will be assisting in the supervision and evaluation of students in the laboratory setting and ensure equipment and materials are available and appropriately prepared for instructional delivery. The successful candidate will participate in maintaining health and safety of the laboratory during lessons to ensure all equipment and materials are handled according to college policies and procedures to safeguard laboratory users against injury and, in the event of an incident, assist in the preparation incident reports as per College requirements. S/he will support the program by maintaining course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engaging in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
- A Bachelor Degree in a health-related program from a recognized institution, current certification and licensure in a health-related field, and a minimum 5 years employment experience as a health professional is required. A candidate with a Diploma in a health-related field, recognized certification and licensure, and extensive professional experience (8+yrs) may be considered.
- Degree/Diploma in either Medical Radiography, Paramedicine, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy Technology, or Nursing
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
Other Required Skills:
- Experience maintaining inventory and procuring equipment and supplies
- Experience with preventative intervention to maintain equipment, supplies, and medical technology
- Computer competence including application of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal https://careers.cna-qatar.com/en/qatar/jobs/teaching-assistant-health-sciences-laboratory-4165760/
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.