Student Wellness Manager
The Office of Medical Student Wellness (OMSW) provides student life advising, wellness programming and learning environment initiatives to enable students to thrive academically and personally throughout their medical school experience. The OMSW is seeking a Student Wellness Manager (Student Services Officer 1) to assist in making first level decisions on issues regarding wellness concerns/programming for medical students. Resolve basic issues within own unit using defined policies and practices and professional knowledge as reference.
- Review and administer student records, analyze data, and make recommendations and first level, routine decisions on basic issues.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare reports.
- Contribute to identifying trends, needs analysis, participate in the implementation and testing of technology.
- Contribute to development of marketing materials and strategies, assist in planning and developing programming activities, outreach functions.
- Collaborate with other staff to approve and resolve complex issues.
- Provide general guidance and counsel on programs, policies, and services; participate in planning for future needs.
- May assist with the administration of financial processes.
- Contribute to developing and analyzing review process of offerings, policies and programs.
- Serve as a basic information resource to other departments; represent unit/department.
- Participate as a member of a project team.
- May train and supervise volunteers, student and temporary workers.
- Contribute to team publications
- Produce drafts of minutes and agendas of regular meetings
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Demonstrated understanding of medical student culture and the medical school environment
- Demonstrated interest and success working with diverse student populations
- Experience giving presentations to groups of 25 or more people
- Experience writing emails, meeting minutes, reports, proposals, or other correspondence on behalf of supervisor
- Experience working in a position with multiple responsibilities requiring frequent transitions from one task to another during the work day such as: emails, phone calls, in-person student/faculty/staff contact, and coordinating work with co-workers
- Bachelor's degree in medical education curriculum or student services
- Maintain confidentiality of students, staff, and faculty.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About Stanford University Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning.
To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7501
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 86340