Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
- The candidate will conduct a specified program of research under the supervision and direction of the Faculty supervisors.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop models, theory, and algorithms for large scale optimization problem in the field energy systems engineering. The work will involve analysis, synthesis, and design of energy supply chain networks and its operation.
- Since the candidate will conduct research he/she should try his/her best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance his/her career with guidance from the Faculty supervisor and the Center leads. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the RICH Center team and other faculty, if appropriate.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator, co-Investigators and research center members in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Support dissemination activities of the RICH Center.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the RICH Center, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research center, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions.
In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD), working in the center. He/she will also provide training to new comers in the area of process systems engineering. Moreover, he/she should assist in administrative tasks related to the project.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Systems Engineering or related areas.
- Expertise in the area of mathematical programming, optimization and process simulation.
- Records of some knowledge in the field of process analysis and design for H2 production, distribution, and storage, and/or CO2 capture and CO2 utilization.
- Expertise in process modelling, optimization, simulation.
- Candidate should be strong mathematical programming (mixed-integer, non-convex and stochastic programming) skills
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Good understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- A good track record of research publications
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?