Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Reporting to the them Lead, Your responsibilities will also include:
- Examine surfaces using optical microscope (OM) and scanning electron microscope (SEM);
- Perform chloride diffusion tests on concrete samples and analyze the results to determine chloride ion diffusion coefficient in concrete;
- Prepare reports, papers, and technical presentations on the outcomes.
- Report and publish the results of the study in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences
- A PhD degree in Materials Engineering or a closely related discipline. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated ability to conduct independent research in corrosion and degradation of structural materials.
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research group.
- A superior academic performance and publication record.
- The position will also require independent work in addition to collaborative skills and creative thinking. In addition, good oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Considerable knowledge of materials science, and corrosion.
- Surface examination using scanning electron microscope (SEM) and transmission electron microscope (TEM)
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?